Child Custody Solicitors Irvine & Saltcoats


Following the breakdown of a relationship, issues may arise as to where children under the age of 16 from the relationship are to live. This can sometimes be known as Custody or Residence.  

Residence means where and with whom a child will live.  Often, agreement can be reached following negotiation and on occasion by using mediation services. In an ideal world, parents will co-parent effectively to reach such decisions.

Where agreement cannot be reached, an application may be made to the Court for a Residence Order. The Court’s paramount consideration is the welfare and best interests of the  child or children.

Contact our Child Custody Solicitors in Irvine, Saltcoats and Kilwinning

To discuss the residence of the child, please contact our team of family solicitors for clear and concise advice by calling 01294 445357 or contact us though our online enquiry form.

Read Our Latest Blog

Enquire Now

We offer an initial consultation
completely free of charge.

Meet The Team

Barbara Black

Martha Thomson